After: Bring Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A reworking of the old RP ATA. An apocalyptic event casts a cloud of darkness over the world called the Ash, but it's not the only thing that has arrived.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Drag [open]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ebony
is on the corner
is on the corner
Ebony

Drag [open] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drag [open]   Drag [open] - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 9:13 pm

Lillian let out a weak, humorless laugh, dragging her blade across the side of Maisie's name, creating a deep scratch over it. "You're not as charming to be around when the tables are turned against you." She mused, shoving both small weapons into the back of her waistband and side-stepping slightly out of the way as she spit again. "You should be thankful. Anyone else would've done you worse."

The young woman stopped, looking at Maisie again, then back to Seren thoughtfully before turning her back to them both. The burns would have to be treated, she knew - such wounds spread and were easily infected - but maybe she could tell that Doctor-fellow to hold off on the treatment for an hour or two; just for her sake. "It's been lovely." She sighed, leaving the small clearing to go seek out Harvey - though if he were anywhere in the building, he must've heard Maisie's screams.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Mister Stalin
Mister Stalin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Drag [open]   Drag [open] - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 9:20 pm

Though, as Lillian left the room, a scream followed her, Maisie's shouting, as she tried her best to leave Lillian with something. Anything. She laughed, her arm's burn still practically sizzling, two dot red infernos. They were hot like her rage, which allowed her to laugh incredulously.

"You are just like me!" she called through giggles. "Just like me!"
Her laughter stretched for aisles.
Back to top Go down
https://bringlight.rpg-board.net
Sleepy

Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Drag [open]   Drag [open] - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 8:19 pm

Seren didn't move or speak during the whole confrontation. Petty revenge. It was understandable, but in a market with only a handful of survivors, could the group really afford to go through that vicious cycle? In the end, "interrogations" like this would tear them apart. In a gang, you could stomp someone in the same group for wronging you, but that was only if someone had broken some unspoken law. In a place like this, it would end up with everyone putting guns to each other's heads.

Oh well. That wasn't any of her business. She'd held a barrel to some kid's temple not long ago and robbed him of his batteries in front of the entire store. They hadn't done anything. It showed how fragile their peace here was.

She spooned more cat food into her mouth, eyes not following Lillian as the girl walked away holding her new earned knife. Seren didn't make any move to stop her. She'd gotten her own sword in a similar way, after all.

"Ice," Seren said to Maisie once the girl was gone, her voice cutting through the girl's manic laughter. Whores. Both of them. She should've guessed just from their conversation and her appearance. There was no way someone like her was an honest merchant. "For supplies."

Couldn't get something for nothing, after all. Batteries, food, valuables, anything would do. If she left those burns untreated, they'd leave puffy scars on her pretty skin, or might even get infected. Ice would help prevent that and ease the pain.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Mister Stalin
Mister Stalin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Drag [open]   Drag [open] - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 9:48 pm

"No." said Maisie, in a mutter so icy she could have used that for the wound instead. The pain of the burn had almost subsided, against the harshness of its appearance. She didn't care about it, or what it would blossom into. But she wasn't against a deal entirely.

"I'll give you what you need if you let me go, though." she suggested, in a nonchalance that almost hinted that she didn't care either way.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Drag [open]   Drag [open] - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 9:57 pm

Eh? Maybe when living under the protection of a pimp in the Black Market, Maisie never had to experience injuries like the rest of them did. If she thought she was being tough, or was just too prideful to accept help for a "little burn", then she was stupid. Seren was about to get up and leave her there when she spoke again.

A deal? Her expression didn't change. Letting her go would be a big risk. What could this prisoner give her that would be worth that? She didn't mind fetching some cold water or food or bandages in return for a handful of batteries or a packet of ramen, but to set her go completely...

"Like what?"
Back to top Go down
Jay
Mister Stalin
Mister Stalin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Drag [open]   Drag [open] - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 11:56 pm

Maisie smiled as Seren paused. She was willing to listen. Maisie would be out of the ropes in no time. Living under the richest man in Murkwell had its advantages, even if he was dead.
"I'm guessing good food won't cut it, I should tie a bell around your neck for what you eat." she began. "I'm sure you don't want any sexual favors, though you don't seem like the straightest girl. It's fine, after what I've done, I can't judge.
"Now darling, I'm sure regular old batteries won't sway you, but luckily, I don't just have regular old batteries."
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Drag [open]   Drag [open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 3:40 am

Ugh. If this girl really wanted to strike a deal, then she would be better off leaving those kinds of comments to herself. She'd heard worse during her time in the apocalypse, but coming from this psychotic prostitute, it felt so much worse.

Seren was about to stand up and leave without letting her finish when she mentioned batteries. She frowned.

"...Go on."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Mister Stalin
Mister Stalin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Drag [open]   Drag [open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 6:10 pm

Hook, line, sinker. "Rechargeable batteries. 4 of them. You plug them into that generator back there, and you'll never have to run around looking for disposables again. My dear Weston had them found especially for his dearest Maisie." she smiled. "I'm sure I can pass them onto my dearest..." her voice trailed inquisitively.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Drag [open]   Drag [open] - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 8:27 pm

Rechargeables. If you even had the means to recharge them, they could be invaluable in this new dark world they lived in.

Seren tilted her head. How could she trust this black market whore, though? What exactly would she do even if she did free her?

Still. Rechargeables...

"Where?"
Back to top Go down
Jay
Mister Stalin
Mister Stalin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Drag [open]   Drag [open] - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 8:35 pm

"You think I'm trusting you with my only means of getting untied?" Maisie asked, slightly peeved. "Nu-uh, darling. Just untie me and put a blade to my back. I have no weapons, that cunt took my knife. I'll lead you to them."

Maisie had eight rechargeable batteries. She didn't want Seren to steal them all, and more.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Drag [open]   Drag [open] - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 11:17 pm

She unsheathed the sword from the sling across her back.

In a world where nearly everyone was packing heat, an antique like that seemed like a quaint thing to be carrying around. But aside from being teh obvious ultimet kawaii-desu dokidoki Nihonese weapon Mary Sues were so familiar with, it had its uses. It was lighter than your traditional European swords, with a slender blade nearly two feet long, and...

Seren flicked the blade between Maisie's legs, quick as a cat. The ropes around her ankles split cleanly in two.

...it was intimidating, most importantly of all. That wasn't to say that the old thing didn't carry a certain sentimental value. It reminded her every time she saw it why she hated other people.

"Stand," she ordered. "Lead." There wasn't any point in untying her completely just yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drag [open]   Drag [open] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Drag [open]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2